Kiwi.com is a global award-winning Czech company that has brought technical innovation to the travel industry. We are at a really exciting point in our journey and are looking for a talented individual to be part of our small, but high-functioning, external communications team.
We need someone who is keen to make a difference, who understands how earned media plays a crucial part in the growth of a brand and someone who is not frightened of a challenge as we go out and disrupt the travel industry.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support and work closely with our Head of Global Communications and wider team on a daily basis, particularly in the creation, planning and implementation of consumer PR campaigns to drive media coverage and brand awareness in the region.
- Be responsible for documenting the planning, execution and reporting of the consumer PR plan for target markets in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Be responsible for the in-house press contact database for the target markets in Central Europe – researching and adding new contacts and building relationships with those media
- With the team, source relevant news inside the business which is relatable for customers in the local markets
- Plan and deliver creative and impactful PR events and activities in target markets aligned with the commercial roadmap and Go To Market strategy.
- Build relations and align plans with colleagues across the business, particularly in content & creative, marketing, employer branding and internal communications.
What “must have” qualities are we looking for?
- A minimum of 5 years experience in consumer PR (in-house or agency).
- Experience in designing and implementing impactful PR-led events, product launches and brand engagement campaigns.
- A creative thinker.
- Great communication skills – you are outgoing, friendly, with a good sense of humor, open-minded and able to think strategically.
- Profound knowledge of Czech/Slovak as well as English (level min C1) both spoken and written level.
- High level of resilience, happy to work in a fast-paced environment (as you can’t expect anything less in Kiwi.com).
- Experience in working with senior leadership stakeholders.
Which qualities are really “good to have” for this role?
- Experience in working with media in other Central European markets.
- Experience of the wider PR eco-system (such as social and influencer amplification).
- Self-motivated team player, extremely detail-oriented, persistent and independent, with a strong ‘can do’ attitude.
- An understanding of the travel industry and travel media contacts.
- Ability to prioritize, with great time management and organizational skills.
Furthermore, “nice to have” would be:
- Enthusiasm for tech and travel.
- The common software knowledge, especially Google Suite tools.
We offer you
• The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
• We give our employees the freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our office in Prague, situated in the heart of the Karlin district with an in-house gym, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, and free refreshments.
• We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card, Makro Cash & Carry Card, Employee Assistance Program, and career development framework.
• Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
• Unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
• Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
• We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
• Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
• Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.